See our travel checklist to help you get organised for your upcoming University travel.

Register with International SOS and SmartTraveller

Keep up to date with travel warnings and important updates by registering your travel plans with International SOS (UQ’s travel risk provider) and SmartTraveller. We recommend travellers review travel advice for overseas destinations, prior to booking travel and whilst travelling. 

All UQ travellers should carry International SOS's contact details with them whilst travelling, in case they need assistance during their trip. Wallet sized contact cards are available from the UQ Travel team.

Phone: +61 2 9372 2468 (reverse charge available)
UQ Membership Number: 12AYCA778031

Ensure your passport has at least six months validity

You should also make copies of important documents (e.g. passport, visa information, flight itineraries/tickets, important phone numbers).

Apply for any visas if applicable

As a UQ traveller, it is your responsibility to have the correct documentation to enter planned destinations and perform the required business activities, prior to the trip departure.

Apply for International Travel Allowance if applicable

UQ staff must apply for travel allowance via the Expense Management System (ProMaster) by creating an expense claim. See Paying for Travel for more information.

Contact ITS

If you are travelling overseas for work, complete the international travel IT checklist (staff login required) for advice to help you prepare.

Turn on International Roaming on your mobile device

Please contact your mobile provider for information on International Roaming and any charges that may apply.

If you have a UQ mobile device, you will need to switch on International Roaming prior to departure. A detailed guide is available on the ITS website.

Call your bank

Tell your bank and credit card providers about your travel plans so they don’t suspect fraud when they notice foreign transactions on your cards.

UQ Corporate Card holders are recommended to notify CBA prior to travel, particularly if they are travelling to a high risk country, as the bank's security team monitors any unusual or suspicious activity on their accounts. The CBA corporate credit cards team can be contacted any time on 131 576. This number is also printed on the back of UQ’s corporate credit cards. 

Keep your receipts

Keep all receipts in the event you need to make a claim upon your return.

Maintain your travel diary

The Australian Tax Office (ATO) requires that an employee must keep a travel diary whenever the travel is for a period of more than five consecutive nights.

The University has a travel diary template available for use, however you may choose to maintain your own.

Stay in touch

In addition to keeping in contact with your family and friends, it is strongly recommended you keep in regular contact with your Supervisor. You should also ensure your travel plans are kept up-to-date in International SOS (if you haven't booked through FCM Travel Solutions).

Quick Links

UQ ISOS Portal